- Superintendent's Office
- School Board
- Hot Links
CCC Minutes 12/17/07
The documents below were reviewed by the CCC.
To download a copy of the minutes below, scroll to the bottom and click on the link.
Attendance: Raye Anne DeSoto, David Walker, Barbara Miller, Jeanne Lysobey, Candace Avery, Kris Canning, Debra Butterfield, Mary Jo Stevens, Barbara Miller, Dean Hall, Hazel Poulin, Kyle Smith, Hope St. Denis, Howie Tuttle
CCC Operating Procedures
- Discussed the responsibilities of being a CCC member
- Consistent attendance at meetings
- Communication back to staff and Content Area Committees
- Discussed Charges of the CCC
- Make recommendations to the Director of Curriculum, the Superintendent, the Long Range Planning Committee, and the School Board
- Refer to CCC Operating Procedures document above
Local Assessment System Discussion
- Discussion about a one step approval process. Refer to Assessment Submission Form above
- Discussion about the purpose of the Local Assessment System
- Monitor student achievement
- Target students for Intervention and Assistance
- Use local assessments as part of a Professional Learning Community in order to improve instruction
- No longer is the local assessment system in itself used as a graduation requirement
- Discussion about redefining a “Common Assessment”
- Basically any assessment given in common.
- This can include formative assessments or summative assessments as long as they are given in common; assessments such as District-Wide Writing Prompt, SRI, DRA, running records, etc.
- All assessments given in common will be sent to the Director of Curriculum for recording on the local assessment system website. (www.msad11.org/las/all)
- Discussed the need to have easy access to local assessment system data without a giant paper shuffle. Looking into the idea of “Pushing” the local assessment system into people’s grade books so that they all are titled the same and attached to the correct standards. Then, the data can be pulled out easily. (in theory) This vision is being pursued by Howie and Terry.
- See Assessment Submission Form above
Retention Policy and Summer School
- Very Brief discussion about the impact of this policy on grades 3-5 and 6-8.
- CCC will revisit this.
- Howie will be bringing a proposed summer school budget to the finance committee.
A Professional Development Committee
- Discussed the formation of this committee in order to have all involved in making choices around Professional Development and the Real Deal Calendar
The ELA Curriculum Review and the Curriculum Review Cycle - Purpose, etc.
- Discussed the characteristics of the Curriculum Review Cyle and the Purpose
- Please refer to Curriculum Review Cycle document above for more information
Discussion and possible vote on Trimesters at the Elementary Level
- Three trimesters at elementary level. All the same length
- A simple progress report given out halfway through the trimester
- Grade Level Facilitators will discuss the idea of Trimesters at Early Release on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 and report back to Howie
Agenda for Next Meeting, January 28th, 2007
- 3:30-4:30 ELA Curriculum Review Report Out
- 4:30-5:00 Discussion and Vote on four items (CCC members please review the attached documents and be prepared to discuss and vote.)
- CCC Operating Procedures - CCC Operating Procedures
- Redefining scope, purpose, and approval process of the Local Assessment System. Assessment Submission Form
- Curriculum Review Cycle – Curriculum Review Cycle
- Trimesters at the Elementary Level – written proposal in process
|CCC Minutes 12/17/07||89.82 KB|