- Superintendent's Office
- School Board
- Hot Links
Your child is eligible for participation in the MSAD #11's language instruction educational program for limited English proficient students.
• Provide reasons for identification as limited English proficient and in need of placement in the program;
• Provide information on the child's level of English proficiency, how the assessment was made, and the status of the child's academic achievement;
• Explain the method of instruction used in the program the child is or will be participating in; the methods of instruction available in other available programs; and how these programs differ in content, instruction goals and use of English and a native language of instruction;
• Explain how the program will meet the educational strengths and needs of the child;
• Explain specifically how such a program will help the child learn English and meet age
appropriate academic achievement standards for grade promotion and graduation;
• Explain the specific exit requirements from the program; the expected rate of transition
from the program into mainstream programs; and if the child is in high school, the
expected rate of graduation for students in the program; and
• If the child has a disability, explain how the program meets the child's IEP.
As a parent of a limited English proficient parent, you have certain rights which include:
• The right to request that your child not be enrolled in the program or to be immediately removed from the program;
• The right to choose another program or method of instruction
• The right to request assistance from the School Department in selecting programs and methods of instruction.
If you have any questions concerning this letter or your child's education program, please contact me at the above address or by telephone at 207-582-5346.