- Superintendent's Office
- School Board
- Hot Links
2009 Mid Year Exam Schedule and Information
Mid-Year Exam Schedule
January 20 (Tuesday) Period 1 - O 7:30 to 9:00 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
Period 2 - O 9:15 to 10:45 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
January 21 (Wednesday) Period 1 - B 7:30 to 9:00 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
Period 2 - B 9:15 to 10:45 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
January 22 (Thursday) Period 4 - O 7:30 to 9:00 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
Period 3 - O 9:15 to 10:45 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
January 23 (Friday) Period 4 - B 7:30 to 9:00 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
Period 3 - B 9:15 to 10:45 Make Up 11:30 - 2:30
In the event of a snow day during exam week, the exams on the day of the snow day will be given on the next school day. In the event of a delay, exam times will be adjusted appropriately for that day.
• Buses will pick up GAHS students at 11:00 a.m. each day after exams.
Regular bus runs will be made to and from CATC each day.
Due to the exam schedule, the AM bus will leave GAHS at approximately 9:05 am each morning and the PM bus will leave GAHS at approximately 11:00 am.
The AM bus will leave CATC at approximately 11:30 am and the PM bus will leave CATC at the regular time.
PM and All Day CATC students will be provided transportation home at the end of the day through connecting with the regular bus runs from the Middle School.
• Please refer to the bus listing below to see what bus you need to take to get home.
CITY TOWN IF REGULAR BUS RIDE BUS
Pittston 003/497 007 Les
Pittston 001/003 003 Ron
Randolph 498/500 500 Stan
West Gardiner 005/502 008 Diane
West Gardiner 493/503 499 Jeff
Riverview 501/002 002 Laurie
Gardiner 004/006/494 006 Mary
Chelsea/Whitefield 500 504 Al
Mid-Year Exam Exemption Policy
All students with the exception of those who achieve a “95” average in a course (all ranking periods for the course included) will be required to take final exams for all courses. Students achieving the “95” average in a course will not be required to take the final exam for that course. All students will be required to take mid-year exams for full-year courses. The mid-year exam for a semester course is considered to be the final exam for the course. Common assessments that are part of the district’s assessment system, that represent a portion of, or the entire mid-year or final exam are not subject to exemptions and are required to be taken by all students.
The following rules will govern during exams:
1. If an exam is skipped (an unexcused absence), an academic detention (3-hour) will be assigned on the next scheduled detention day and the student will be required to take an alternate exam during (90 minutes) of that time.
2. If an exam (that is taken) fails the student for the semester, the student will be allowed one re-take of the exam. The student can earn up to a grade of 70. All re-takes must be completed by the end of the exam week unless an alternate arrangement has been made with the teacher.
3. Students who request an exam schedule change must get administrative approval one week prior to the exam. Requests for changes will be approved for emergency purposes only.
4. All students are to follow their class schedule and be in their assigned classrooms, including study halls, during exam week. (Unless dismissed from study hall by a parent/guardian) Students who skip will be issued the appropriate consequences for their actions by the teacher and grade-level administrator.
Courses Eligible for Exemption
English: How to Read Film, Theater I, Public Speaking, Philosophy, Creative Writing
Science:Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Meteorology,Forensics
Social Studies: All Courses
World Languages: None
Health & Wellness: All Courses
Career & Technology: All Courses
Visual & Performing Arts: Intro to Art, Ceramics, Draw/Paint, Photo II, Broadcast I, Video Prod I