- Superintendent's Office
- School Board
- Hot Links
PTG Meeting Minutes
PTG Meeting Minutes - 02/06/06
I. Meeting called to order at 6:12pm
II. Motion made to accept December Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ05 minutes - approved
III. Amendments to Agenda
A. Ms. Alexander had a teacher request for the PTG to pay for
a 128 SD card for the new digital camera that Mrs. Simpson
had purchased for the school as a Christmas present. A motion
was made to purchase - approved.
IV. TreasurerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Report - The check book balance is $5877.05 but
$2840.21 is allocated already for teacher requests. We also have
not heard anything from the district about what we owe for the
supplies used at the fall dinner.
V. Tabled Items - We will talk about the Spring Plant Sale after we
hear back from the Plant Sale Committee about what and when
they need. Mrs. Simpson will be going to a meeting with them
on Friday, the 9th, and we should have more info then.
VI. New/Old Business
A. Sign Update - Mrs. Simpson had an awesome picture of our
sign. The total price will be around $5700.00, including the
letters. Maintenance at the school said they should have no
trouble installing it for us. Nancy will approach Gardiner
Savings to see if they will donate any money to help pay for it
and Kim M. will get in touch with the town office to see how
we can get on the town meeting docket to see if they will make
a donation. Motion made to purchase the sign - approved.
B. Teacher Requests - The 2nd grade would like us to purchase
15 microscopes for them at $9.99 a piece. They will not be
going on some field trips so the money just needs to be
reallocated. Motion made to purchase microscopes - approved.
C. T- Shirt Fund Raiser - Jenny will check with McLaughlin sports
on prices and selection as well as another company called Crest
Line to see where we can get the better deal. We decided on
light blue with the words Pittston Ponies and a small pony
emblem in various sizes for children and adults.
D. Teacher Appreciation Week - This is held in May. The budget
will be $125 based on last year. Jenny will check into the cost
of stickers for the kids and she will order if not too much $. We
will also do a tote bag give away at the end of the week with
various goodies inside. Jenny will also look into the cost of that
and if it is too much, we will see if Ginger can do one for us.
VII. The next meeting will be in the library at school on 03/06/06
VIII. Meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm