- Superintendent's Office
- School Board
- Hot Links
PTG Meeting Minutes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ September 12, 2006
I. Meeting called to order at 6:40 p.m.
II. Introduction of officers.
III. Motion made to accept 6-5-06 minutes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Approved.
IV. Amendments to Agenda
- A. Discussion of school recycling program
V. Treasurers Report
- A. There is $ 2,972.88 currently in the checking account.
B. Motion to approve K-2 and 4-5 field trips requests Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Approved.
C. Teacher allotments Ã¢â‚¬â€œ agreed to hold off until October meeting.
VI. New/Old Business
- A. Harvest dinner Ã¢â‚¬â€œ motion to table until October meeting Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Approved.
B. Spring fundraiser
1. There was a discussion of doing childrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cards. Shelly Simpson to look into it.
2. There was also a discussion of doing class calendars. Shelly
Simpson to look into it.
C. Hannaford Helps Schools
1. Never received check from last year. Kim is looking into it.
2. Kim working on getting booklets out to students.
3. Miss Adams volunteered to be in charge of collecting certificates.
- 1. Recycling Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Sarah Ricker spoke on behalf of the TownÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s recycling committee. The committee would like the school to start recycling. They will provide bins to be placed at school. They will have someone transport from school to recycling site. They are looking for volunteers within the school. Maine recycling week is November 8- November 15. Schools can compete in recycling contest with a chance to win $500.00. There is also a Grade 4, 5, and 6 contest for saving energy. Teachers would like committee to come in to talk to students about recycling.
2. T-shirts Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Need to place order by mid October in order to be back by Christmas. We need to rerun order forms. Angie Manter will work on prices for sweatshirts/fleece shirts. We should send out one order form with t-shirt, sweatshirt and fleece prices on them.
3. School House Rocks Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Mrs. Willette and Mrs. Damon requested this to be purchased by the PTG. They are looking into a price.
4. There was a discussion of the March 20th K-2 theatre trip. Mrs. Simpson brought to our attention that the Keaveny fund could take care of that.
5. Snack table at soccer game. Angie to contact Ginger Shaw.
VII. Next Meeting
- A. Motion to adopt meeting schedule for the first Monday of each month. Approved
VIII. Meeting adjourned at 7:20 p.m.